Palm Beach State CollegeLake Worth, FL
4200 Congress Ave, Lake Worth, FL 33461-4796
Palm Beach State College is a public college in Palm Beach County, Florida. The college offers associate and bachelor's degrees, and certificate programs. The college has four campuses: the Lake Worth campus, the Boca Raton campus, the Palm Beach Gardens campus, and the Belle Glade campus. The college also has a center in Loxahatchee Groves.
The college was founded in 1933 as Palm Beach Junior College. The college was originally located in Palm Beach, Florida. In 1947, the college moved to its current location in Lake Worth, Florida. In 1962, the college became a state college. In 2009, the college changed its name to Palm Beach State College.
The college is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The college's nursing program is accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing.
The college has an enrollment of over 30,000 students. The student body is diverse, with students from over 100 countries.
The college offers a variety of programs and courses. The college's most popular programs include nursing, business, and education.
The college has a strong commitment to student success. The college offers a variety of services to help students succeed, including tutoring, advising, and career services.
The college is a member of the Florida College System. The college is governed by the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. The college is funded by the State of Florida and Palm Beach County.
Type: Public, 4-year or above
Main Website: https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/
Financial Aid: https://www.palmbeachstate.edu/FinancialAid
Admission RequirementsPalm Beach State College (PBSC) is a public state college in Palm Beach County, Florida. The college has four campuses, two in Boca Raton, one in Palm Beach Gardens, and one in Belle Glade. The college also has two satellite campuses, one in Loxahatchee Groves and one in Wellington.
PBSC offers associate's degrees, bachelor's degrees, and certificate programs. The college is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Admission to PBSC is open to all students who have a high school diploma or equivalent. The college does not have an application fee.
Students are required to take a placement test to determine their course level. The college offers remedial and developmental courses for students who need to improve their skills.
PBSC has a rolling admissions policy, which means that students can apply at any time. The college has open enrollment, which means that students who meet the admission requirements are guaranteed admission.
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||80%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||59%|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||37%|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||14%|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||0%|
- Degrees Offered
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Certificates of less than 12 week
- Certificates of at least 12 weeks but less than 1 year offered
- Certificates of 1 year, but less than 2 year
- Certificates of 2 years, but less than 4 year
- Majors Offered
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Aviation/Airway Management and Operations
- Banking and Financial Support Services
- Biology/Biotechnology Technology/Technician
- Building Construction Technology/Technician
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other
- Business and Personal/Financial Services Marketing Operations
- Child Care Provider/Assistant
- Child Care and Support Services Management
- Cinematography and Film/Video Production
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General
- Computer/Information Technology Services Administration and Management, Other
- Construction Engineering Technology/Technician
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Crisis/Emergency/Disaster Management
- Dental Assisting/Assistant
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
- Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Education, Other
- Electrical, Electronic, and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Electrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair Technology/Technician, General
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Energy Systems Technology/Technician
- Engineering/Engineering-related Technologies/Technicians
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
- Facial Treatment Specialist/Facialist
- Fire Prevention and Safety Technology/Technician
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Health Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering Technology/Technician
- Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Homeland Security, Other
- Hospitality Administration/Management, General
- Hotel/Motel Administration/Management
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Machine Shop Technology/Assistant
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician
- Marine Maintenance/Fitter and Ship Repair Technology/Technician
- Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist
- Medical/Clinical Assistant
- Medium/Heavy Vehicle and Truck Technology/Technician
- Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Network and System Administration/Administrator
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist
- Real Estate
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Care Therapy/Therapist
- Restaurant/Food Services Management
- Small Business Administration/Management
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Transportation/Mobility Management
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
- Welding Technology/Welder