College of Central FloridaOcala, FL
3001 SW College Rd, Ocala, FL 34474
The College of Central Florida (CF) is a state college in Ocala, Florida. Founded in 1957, CF now serves more than 30,000 students on three campuses and online. CF offers more than 130 programs of study, including bachelor's degrees, associate's degrees, certificates and diplomas. CF is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
CF's first campus was established in 1957 on 80 acres of donated land in Ocala. The college originally offered only night classes for adults. In 1959, CF became a part of the Florida state college system and began offering daytime classes for high school students. In 1962, CF moved to its current main campus on 200 acres of land donated by the City of Ocala. The college began offering its first bachelor's degree in 1980.
In the 1990s, CF experienced rapid growth, adding a second campus in Citrus County and a third campus in Marion County. The college also began offering a limited number of online courses. In 2003, CF was designated a state college, which allowed the college to offer more bachelor's degrees. In 2008, CF opened its first on-campus housing.
Today, CF is one of the largest colleges in the state of Florida. The college offers more than 130 programs of study, including bachelor's degrees, associate's degrees, certificates and diplomas. CF has more than 30,000 students enrolled on its three campuses and online. The college is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Type: Public, 4-year or above
Main Website: https://www.cf.edu/
Financial Aid: https://www.cf.edu/go/financialaid/
Admission RequirementsThe College of Central Florida (CF) has an open-door policy, meaning that any student who has a high school diploma or equivalent is eligible to enroll. However, there are some programs that have additional admission requirements. For example, the nursing program requires students to take a pre-admission exam and complete a criminal background check. Some programs also have minimum GPA requirements.
CF operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning that there is no set deadline to apply. However, it is recommended that students submit their applications at least two weeks before the start of the semester in order to give themselves enough time to complete any additional requirements, such as taking placement tests.
Once an application has been submitted, students will receive an email with instructions on how to check their application status online. If all required materials have been received, the application will be considered complete and will be reviewed for admission. Admission decisions are typically made within two weeks of the application being marked as complete.
If a student is offered admission to CF, they will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit in order to secure their spot in the incoming class. This deposit will be applied to the student's tuition and fees. Once the deposit has been received, the student will be able to register for classes.
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||83%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||73%|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||45%|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||24%|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||0%|
- Degrees Offered
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Certificates of less than 12 week
- Certificates of at least 12 weeks but less than 1 year offered
- Certificates of 1 year, but less than 2 year
- Majors Offered
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping
- Automation Engineer Technology/Technician
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Business Administration, Management and Operations, Other
- Business/Office Automation/Technology/Data Entry
- Chemical Technology/Technician
- Child Care Provider/Assistant
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Programming/Programmer, General
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst
- Computer and Information Systems Security/Auditing/Information Assurance
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Dental Assisting/Assistant
- Digital Arts
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Engineering/Engineering-related Technologies/Technicians
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
- Health Information/Medical Records Technology/Technician
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management
- Information Technology
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Management Information Systems, General
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology/Technician
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General
- Mechanical/Mechanical Engineering Technology/Technician
- Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist
- Office Management and Supervision
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Quality Control Technology/Technician
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Small Business Administration/Management
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Transportation/Mobility Management
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
- Welding Technology/Welder