Campbellsville UniversityCampbellsville, KY
1 University Dr, Campbellsville, KY 42718-2799
Campbellsville University is a private, Christian university located in Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States. Founded in 1906, Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the Kentucky Commission on Proprietary Education (KCPE). The university offers associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees, as well as certificate programs.
Campbellsville University was founded as Russell Creek Academy, a Baptist academy, in 1906. The academy was renamed Campbellsville Junior College in 1926 and began offering two-year college degrees. In 1950, the college became a four-year institution and began offering bachelor's degrees. In 1988, the school's name was changed to Campbellsville University.
The university's main campus is located on a 100-acre (40 ha) plot of land in Campbellsville, Kentucky. The campus features several academic and administrative buildings, including the Winters Dining Hall, the Presser Hall music building, the Stapp Circle residence hall, and the Gosser Fine Arts Center.
Campbellsville University is governed by a Board of Trustees. The university's president is Michael V. Carter.
The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through its five colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business and Economics, the School of Education, the School of Nursing, and the School of Theology.
The university's athletic teams, known as the Campbellsville Tigers, compete in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the Mid-South Conference. The Tigers field teams in men's and women's basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, and tennis, as well as men's baseball, football, and wrestling.
Campbellsville University is committed to providing a quality education at an affordable price. The university offers a variety of financial aid options, including scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study programs, to help students meet the cost of tuition and other expenses.
Type: Private not-for-profit, 4-year or above
Main Website: https://www.campbellsville.edu/
Total Cost In-State On-Campus: $40,002
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus: $40,002
Return on Investment Rating
The estimated cost for four years as an undergraduate at Campbellsville University is $147198.66. This includes the average cost of attendance for four years plus the interest on the average loan over a ten year repayment minus the average of grants and scholarships per student.
We then contrast this figure with average early-career and mid-career average incomes of graduates of four year programs at Campbellsville University. For graduates of Campbellsville University, we saw an average early-career income of $42800.00 and mid-career income of $64700.00. We then ranked the school's value based on how many years of mid-career income it takes to repay the educational costs.
Admission RequirementsCampbellsville University is a private, Christian university located in Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States. Founded in 1906, Campbellsville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. The university offers associate, bachelor, and master degrees, as well as specialist and doctorate degrees.
Campbellsville University has an open admissions policy, meaning that any student who has a high school diploma or equivalent is eligible to enroll. However, students are encouraged to submit an application as early as possible as admission is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Once an application has been submitted, students will be asked to submit transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, and a personal essay. An admissions decision will be made based on the student's academic record, test scores, and essay.
Campbellsville University is committed to providing a quality education at an affordable price. The university offers a variety of financial aid options, including scholarships, grants, and loans, to help students meet the cost of attendance.
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||90%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||52%|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||76%|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||77%|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||0%|
- Degrees Offered
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctor's degree-research/scholarship
- Certificates of at least 12 weeks but less than 1 year offered
- Certificates of 1 year, but less than 2 year
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Post-master's certificate
- Majors Offered
- Bible/Biblical Studies
- Biology Teacher Education
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Business/Commerce, General
- Chemistry Teacher Education
- Chemistry, General
- Child Care Provider/Assistant
- Computer Science
- Computer and Information Sciences, General
- Computer/Information Technology Services Administration and Management, Other
- Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General
- Counseling Psychology
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Digital Arts
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General
- Economics, General
- Educational Evaluation and Research
- Educational Leadership and Administration, General
- Elementary Education and Teaching
- English Language and Literature, General
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
- Exercise Science and Kinesiology
- Film/Cinema/Media Studies
- Fine/Studio Arts, General
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management
- History, General
- International Relations and Affairs
- Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching
- Keyboard Instruments
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Marketing/Marketing Management, General
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Mathematics, General
- Missions/Missionary Studies
- Music Pedagogy
- Music Performance, General
- Music Teacher Education
- Music, General
- Organizational Behavior Studies
- Organizational Leadership
- Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries, Other
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
- Political Science and Government, General
- Psychology, General
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Religious Education
- Religious/Sacred Music
- Secondary Education and Teaching
- Social Sciences, General
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Social Work
- Sociology, General
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Special Education and Teaching, General
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Teacher Assistant/Aide
- Teacher Education, Multiple Levels
- Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language/ESL Language Instructor
- Theology/Theological Studies
- Welding Technology/Welder