California State University-Dominguez HillsCarson, CA
1000 E Victoria St, Carson, CA 90747-0005
California State University-Dominguez Hills is a public university in Carson, California. It is part of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system. The university offers bachelor's and master's degrees in a variety of subjects.
The university was founded in 1960 as a satellite campus of Los Angeles State College (now California State University, Los Angeles). It became a separate institution in 1966. The university moved to its current location in Carson in 1968.
The university is located on a 356-acre (1.44 km2) campus in the city of Carson. The campus is adjacent to the Dominguez Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles.
The university enrolls approximately 12,000 students. The student body is diverse, with students from all over the United States and more than 60 foreign countries.
The university offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. The most popular majors are business, psychology, education, and nursing.
The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The university has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. The campus is home to a variety of student organizations, including the Black Student Union, the Latino Student Union, and the Filipino American Student Association.
The university is also home to a number of athletic teams, known as the Toros. The university competes in the NCAA Division II. The university's teams have won numerous conference championships and have made several appearances in the NCAA Division II National Championships.
Type: Public, 4-year or above
Main Website: https://www.csudh.edu/
Financial Aid: https://www.csudh.edu/financial-aid/
Total Cost In-State On-Campus: $26,210
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus: $38,090
Return on Investment Rating
The estimated cost for four years as an undergraduate at California State University-Dominguez Hills is $101900.13. This includes the average cost of attendance for four years plus the interest on the average loan over a ten year repayment minus the average of grants and scholarships per student.
We then contrast this figure with average early-career and mid-career average incomes of graduates of four year programs at California State University-Dominguez Hills. For graduates of California State University-Dominguez Hills, we saw an average early-career income of $51500.00 and mid-career income of $90600.00. We then ranked the school's value based on how many years of mid-career income it takes to repay the educational costs.
Admission RequirementsAdmission to California State University-Dominguez Hills is based on a comprehensive evaluation of each applicant. The evaluation process is designed to provide each applicant with the best opportunity to demonstrate his or her qualifications for admission. The university considers all academic factors, including coursework, grades, test scores, and personal achievements. In addition, the university evaluates each applicant's ability to contribute to the diversity of the campus community. The university also considers each applicant's personal circumstances, such as family responsibilities, work experience, and military service.
To be eligible for admission to California State University-Dominguez Hills, applicants must:
1. Complete the required high school coursework.
2. Earn a high school diploma or equivalent.
3. Submit an official high school transcript.
4. Submit SAT or ACT scores.
5. Submit all college transcripts.
6. Submit a completed application form.
7. Pay the application fee.
8. Meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the desired program of study.
9. Demonstrate English Language proficiency.
10. Meet any additional requirements for the desired program of study.
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||93%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||75%|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||66%|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||75%|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||0%|
- Degrees Offered
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Post-master's certificate
- Majors Offered
- Anthropology, General
- Art/Art Studies, General
- Behavioral Sciences
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Other
- Chemistry, General
- Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology/Technologist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Computer Science
- Computer and Information Sciences, Other
- Computer and Information Systems Security/Auditing/Information Assurance
- Counselor Education/School Counseling and Guidance Services
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General
- Economics, General
- Education, General
- English Language and Literature, General
- Film/Cinema/Media Studies
- Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences, Other
- Geology/Earth Science, General
- Graphic Design
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Higher Education/Higher Education Administration
- History, General
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies
- Information Technology
- Labor Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Logistics, Materials, and Supply Chain Management
- Marriage and Family Therapy/Counseling
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Mathematics, General
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other
- Music, General
- Occupational Therapy/Therapist
- Parks, Recreation, and Leisure Studies
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Physics, General
- Political Science and Government, General
- Psychology, General
- Psychology, Other
- Public Administration
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions
- Quality Control Technology/Technician
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Social Work
- Sociology, General
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Special Education and Teaching, General
- Sports, Kinesiology, and Physical Education/Fitness, General
- Writing, General