Bismarck State CollegeBismarck, ND
1500 Edwards Ave., Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
Bismarck State College (BSC) is a public college in Bismarck, North Dakota. Founded in 1939, it is the third largest college in the state. The college offers associate's and bachelor's degrees in a variety of fields, as well as certificate programs.
BSC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Dakota University System. The college's athletic teams compete in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and the Minnesota College Athletic Conference (MCAC).
BSC has an enrollment of over 4,000 students, with over 60% of students coming from North Dakota. The college has a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1 and an average class size of 22 students.
BSC offers a variety of financial aid options for students, including grants, loans, and scholarships. The college also offers a tuition waiver for North Dakota residents.
The college has a variety of on-campus amenities, including a library, computer labs, and a fitness center. The college also has an on-campus housing option for students.
BSC is committed to providing a quality education at an affordable price. The college's tuition is among the lowest in the region, and the college offers a variety of financial aid options for students.
BSC is an accredited, public college located in Bismarck, North Dakota. The college offers associate's and bachelor's degrees, as well as certificate programs. BSC has an enrollment of over 4,000 students and a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1. The college's tuition is among the lowest in the region, and the college offers a variety of financial aid options for students.
Type: Public, 4-year or above
Main Website: https://bismarckstate.edu/
Total Cost In-State On-Campus: $16,334
Total Cost Out-State On-Campus: $18,260
Return on Investment Rating
The estimated cost for four years as an undergraduate at Bismarck State College is $67484.01. This includes the average cost of attendance for four years plus the interest on the average loan over a ten year repayment minus the average of grants and scholarships per student.
We then contrast this figure with average early-career and mid-career average incomes of graduates of four year programs at Bismarck State College. For graduates of Bismarck State College, we saw an average early-career income of $50700.00 and mid-career income of $70900.00. We then ranked the school's value based on how many years of mid-career income it takes to repay the educational costs.
Admission RequirementsBismarck State College (BSC) is a public college in Bismarck, North Dakota. It is part of the North Dakota University System. BSC offers associate and bachelor's degrees.
BSC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Admission to BSC is open to all students who have a high school diploma or equivalent. However, some programs may have additional admission requirements.
BSC has an open admissions policy, meaning that any student who meets the minimum requirements for admission will be accepted. However, some programs at BSC may have additional requirements, such as a minimum GPA or specific coursework.
Once you have been admitted to BSC, you will need to complete a placement test to determine which courses you will need to take. BSC also offers a dual enrollment program, which allows high school students to earn college credit.
BSC has a variety of student services and support programs to help you succeed. These include tutoring, academic advising, and career services. BSC also has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
If you are looking for a college where you can get a great education and have access to support services to help you succeed, Bismarck State College is a great choice.
|Percentage of students receiving any financial aid||83%|
|Percentage of students receiving Federal Grants||25%|
|Percentage of students receiving state aid||51%|
|Percentage of students receiving institutional aid||26%|
|Percentage of students receiving a student loan||0%|
- Degrees Offered
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Certificates of less than 12 week
- Certificates of at least 12 weeks but less than 1 year offered
- Certificates of 1 year, but less than 2 year
- Certificates of 2 years, but less than 4 year
- Majors Offered
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General
- Autobody/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
- Business/Commerce, General
- Business/Office Automation/Technology/Data Entry
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science and Allied Professions, Other
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician
- Commercial and Advertising Art
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Electrical, Electronic, and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Engineering/Engineering-related Technologies/Technicians
- Environmental Control Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Industrial Production Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Industrial Technology/Technician
- Instrumentation Technology/Technician
- Legal Administrative Assistant/Secretary
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary
- Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other
- Nuclear Engineering Technology/Technician
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Petroleum Technology/Technician
- Public Administration and Social Service Professions
- Recording Arts Technology/Technician
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Surveying Technology/Surveying
- Water Quality and Wastewater Treatment Management and Recycling Technology/Technician
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
- Welding Technology/Welder